LTJ

Default new doc is in web layout from template word XP

When I save a template and use it for new document it opens in Web layout.
The template is NOT saved in web layout, the normal.dot is NOT in web layout
and other documents open fine using the normal.dog.
I've tried deleting both normal.dot and email.dot and reinstall office,
nothing helps.
All new templates I make opens documents in web layout, and it's no use just
switching to print layout as Word has ruined my document, changing
formatations and so on when opening a new doc from a template.
What on earth is Word doing and WHY.
What can I do to make Word STOP opening documents in Web layout, I've never
made any documents in web layout.

--
LTJ
Daiya Mitchell

I answered this when you posted it the other day. Do a search for your

On 5/18/05 1:41 AM, "LTJ" wrote:

When I save a template and use it for new document it opens in Web layout.
The template is NOT saved in web layout, the normal.dot is NOT in web layout
and other documents open fine using the normal.dog.
I've tried deleting both normal.dot and email.dot and reinstall office,
nothing helps.
All new templates I make opens documents in web layout, and it's no use just
switching to print layout as Word has ruined my document, changing
formatations and so on when opening a new doc from a template.
What on earth is Word doing and WHY.
What can I do to make Word STOP opening documents in Web layout, I've never
made any documents in web layout.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/