Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Debra Ann

Default Inserting Table Caption

I am inserting table numbers automatically with the Insert Caption - Table.
I am having the chapter number included so my table numbering looks like
Table 1-1 if in Section 1, Table 2-1 if in Section 2, etc.

My problem is I have creating another outline for Appendices and it is not
recognizing that it is in Chapter Heading A. It thinks it is still in
Heading 8 from the last section of the main part of the report. Is there a
way of changing Table 8-1 to Table A-1 without typing it manually.

--
Debra Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Debra Ann

Thanks Suzanne. That was exactly my suggestion to the engineers (who wanted
to leave all 9 levels available to the main section). Now I have backup to
say that even an expert suggested this was the way to go.

--
Debra Ann

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
I am inserting table numbers automatically with the Insert Caption -

Table.
I am having the chapter number included so my table numbering looks like
Table 1-1 if in Section 1, Table 2-1 if in Section 2, etc.

My problem is I have creating another outline for Appendices and it is not
recognizing that it is in Chapter Heading A. It thinks it is still in
Heading 8 from the last section of the main part of the report. Is there

way of changing Table 8-1 to Table A-1 without typing it manually.

--
Debra Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I would *strongly* discourage anyone who is even briefly considering the
possibility of nine heading levels in any document!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html

newsgroup so
all may benefit.