Neil1906

Default Scan a document into word 2003 and keep its layout exactly as ori.

How do I scan a document into word 2003 and keep its original layout and
still be able to edit parts of the text. I find by using optical recognition
the page layout is changed and also words get changed

Any help would be apreciated
CyberTaz

Hi Neil-

I believe you'll need scanning software that provides the capbility of
scanning as Table or Forms, so that the layout of text is retained.

BTW, OCR is not always 100% accurate depending on numerous variables. There
may be some proofing control in your software, but spell check and
proofreading are just about unavoidable.

"Woodstock" wrote:

Do you have to have other software to do this, or does Word provide this? I
need to bring an 8 page document to the printers and since they have
different versions of Word, it turns my 8 pages to 9 pages. Therefore, I must
bring it to them, or email it them,in PDF format so that there are no changes
in formatting and so that my document will be printed just as I formatted it.

"Neil1906" wrote:

How do I scan a document into word 2003 and keep its original layout and
still be able to edit parts of the text. I find by using optical recognition
the page layout is changed and also words get changed

Any help would be apreciated

Chuck Davis

OmniPage is probably the best and most versatile, and yet is lacking in that
it places each paragraph in a text box, rather than one long document. It
contains excellent proofing control as it prepares the Word document. The
text boxes are its method of positioning every item on the page as it
scanned. If you are familiar with text boxes, it's great. It can also create
PDF. I own it, but seldom use it.

"Neil1906" wrote:

How do I scan a document into word 2003 and keep its original layout and
still be able to edit parts of the text. I find by using optical
recognition
the page layout is changed and also words get changed

Any help would be apreciated

Graham Mayor

Formatting with text boxes doesn't sound so great to me
Finereader will format with paragraph styles, which surely is the better way
forward. However, good though Finereader undoubtedly is, *all* OCR
applications will tend to screw up the document when you try to re-edit.