Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Natelle Natelle is offline

Default Compare User Interface between 2003 & 2007?

Hi,

I do not have Word 2007 and my boss has it. I am supposed to be the expert.
I have no clue how the menus and toolbars look in Word 2007. Where can I find
a comparison between the 2 interfaces, or perhaps an overivew of the changes
in Word 2007 here in the Microsoft Website?

In particular, I need to tell her where to put in the "User Information". We
use that to put in revision information for our books.

Thanks for your time and help. I am trying to answer a question or 2 here
and there but I find it challengin too sinc eeveryone seems to be on Word
2007 now--I can't help with that! But I do want to help if I ever get caught
up. I am supposedly an expert.

Natelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can definitely relate to your problem. Before I installed Word 2007, I
also was trying to support it (here) while still using Word 2003. These are
the resources I found helpful:

Command reference:
Downloadable:
Online:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA100744321033

Search commands:
http://www.officelabs.com:80/project...s/default.aspx

The above may help your boss as well, as will these:

Get Started Tab add-in for Word 2007:

Office 2007 cheat sheet
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...31/611552.aspx
http://blogs.vertigosoftware.com/jat...heatsheet.aspx

A larger question is why your boss is expecting you to provide support if
he/she is not willing to upgrade your version.

http://word.mvps.org