mwelizeb

Default auto text in header & footer not displayed correctly

I am using Officed 2003. When I tried to use the autotex inthe header and
foot, the selection is not displaying correctly. I have uninstalled office
2003 and re-installed it again but it is still not displaying the correct
information e.g. I have selected createdd by, instead of reflecting the
autor's detail it reflects:
Created by AUTHOR . The same happens to all the entries that can be
found under the auto text.
Please help

You are seeing the field codes instead of the field result. Press Alt+F9 to
toggle the display. And please, for future reference, note that uninstalling
and reinstalling Office apps is a huge waste of time, as it does not
overwrite any of your personal settings and consequently will not correct
problems of this nature, simple though they may be.

"mwelizeb" wrote in message
I am using Officed 2003. When I tried to use the autotex inthe header and
foot, the selection is not displaying correctly. I have uninstalled

office
2003 and re-installed it again but it is still not displaying the correct
information e.g. I have selected createdd by, instead of reflecting the
autor's detail it reflects:
Created by AUTHOR . The same happens to all the entries that can be
found under the auto text.
Please help

mwelizeb

Hi Suzanne,
I have tried it. Normally when I am seeing the field codes it will have
{author} and by right click and select toggle one will be albe to see
thecorrect value, but when it has the block in front, it is not changing at
all and one can also not toggle the field codes. I also do get a lot of
errors when saving and sometimes it hten goes into safe mode. When this
happens I can see the correct values when selecting the auto text.

"mwelizeb" wrote in message
I am using Officed 2003. When I tried to use the autotex inthe header and
foot, the selection is not displaying correctly. I have uninstalled

office
2003 and re-installed it again but it is still not displaying the correct
information e.g. I have selected createdd by, instead of reflecting the
autor's detail it reflects:
Created by AUTHOR . The same happens to all the entries that can be
found under the auto text.
Please help

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm. It sounds as
if renaming Normal.dot may be required.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You are seeing the field codes instead of the field result. Press Alt+F9

toggle the display. And please, for future reference, note that

uninstalling
and reinstalling Office apps is a huge waste of time, as it does not
overwrite any of your personal settings and consequently will not

correct
problems of this nature, simple though they may be.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.