Sue Carlson

Default Line spacing between tables disappears when printing

This is a Word 2003 document. It is not a problem with all the tables. The
two line spaces/paragraph marks disappear between just some of the tables.
Most tables break across pages, and there's no text between the tables. This
happens whether I set up 12 points after a paragraph mark or use two
paragraph marks to separate the tables. Thanks for any help. Sue Carlson
Klaus Linke

"Sue Carlson" wrote:
This is a Word 2003 document. It is not a problem with all the tables.
The two line spaces/paragraph marks disappear between just some
of the tables.
Most tables break across pages, and there's no text between the tables.
This happens whether I set up 12 points after a paragraph mark or use two
paragraph marks to separate the tables. Thanks for any help.
Sue Carlson

Hi Sue,

Have you made sure the paragraph mark isn't hidden? That can be really hard
to see, because you can't see a dotted line under the paragraph mark if it's
hidden, and the "styles and formatting" task pane doesn't tell you either.

So best check in "Format Font", or just try to toggle "hidden" with
Ctrl+Shift+H.

Regards,
Klaus

Sue Carlson

Klaus--you're a genius. I selected all, selected font, and unclicked hidden
text, and my problem is fixed. I got these table files from someone else with
a history of putting weird things in his documents, so this is just one more
weird thing that I'll have to watch for. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"Sue Carlson" wrote:
This is a Word 2003 document. It is not a problem with all the tables.
The two line spaces/paragraph marks disappear between just some
of the tables.
Most tables break across pages, and there's no text between the tables.
This happens whether I set up 12 points after a paragraph mark or use two
paragraph marks to separate the tables. Thanks for any help.
Sue Carlson

Hi Sue,

Have you made sure the paragraph mark isn't hidden? That can be really hard
to see, because you can't see a dotted line under the paragraph mark if it's
hidden, and the "styles and formatting" task pane doesn't tell you either.

So best check in "Format Font", or just try to toggle "hidden" with
Ctrl+Shift+H.

Regards,
Klaus

double window envelope tpdebronsky Page Layout 5 May 18th 23 08:51 PM
line spacing issue with Asian docs Brad Page Layout 3 December 10th 10 12:00 PM
line spacing incorrect JerryW Tables 3 April 12th 05 10:48 PM
Line Spacing has changed from the original normal template. jrpeders Page Layout 3 April 12th 05 12:07 PM
Why is line spacing different between printers in document Office. Gmsmith10 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 01:32 AM