Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LauraK LauraK is offline

Default Linked Access Database Error in Word 2003

We have an Access database on a local network drive that holds data that we
want to post to SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS).

I thought I had a good work around by doing the following:
1) Create a Word 2003 document; 2) Insert a query from the database using
Insert Database; 3) Link the data; 4) Create an Autoopen macro that runs the
update fields function; 5) Upload the document to a SharePoint Library.
All users have access to the network drive and they all have the same
permissions to the database. It works great for two users, but other users
are getting the following error message: This operation cannot be completed
because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. If
they click OK, the error message is: Error! Cannot open data source.
I am not sure if this is a problem with the database, macro, or SharePoint.
Anyone know the answer?