Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Melanie Melanie is offline

Default Diagonal shading in cell

I'm updating a 2008 calendar we've created in Word 2003 using a table for
each month. I need to show to different color shades on one day. I've found
I can put in a diagonal line, but can I shade it diagonally, also? Please
help!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Diagonal shading in cell

Yes, you can shade a cell diagonally in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the cell where you want to apply the diagonal shading.
  2. Go to the "Borders and Shading" option in the "Home" tab.
  3. In the "Shading" tab, select the "Diagonal Up" or "Diagonal Down" option under the "Patterns" section.
  4. Choose the color you want to use for the shading.
  5. Click "OK" to apply the diagonal shading to the cell.

If you want to apply two different shades to one day, you can split the cell into two diagonally and apply different shades to each half. Here's how:
  1. Select the cell where you want to apply the two different shades.
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab in the "Table Tools" section.
  3. Click on the "Split Cells" option.
  4. Choose the "Diagonal" option and select the direction you want the split to go.
  5. Click "OK" to split the cell diagonally.
  6. Select one half of the cell and apply the first shade using the steps above.
  7. Select the other half of the cell and apply the second shade using the same steps.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

If you mean you want to have a cell with a pattern of diagonal lines, then
click in the appropriate cell. Mouse Right click, Borders and Shading,
Shading tab, Patterns Style, scroll down the list and ther are some diagonal
shadings.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"melanie" wrote:

I'm updating a 2008 calendar we've created in Word 2003 using a table for
each month. I need to show to different color shades on one day. I've found
I can put in a diagonal line, but can I shade it diagonally, also? Please
help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

But as Ms Branhill has mentioned you cannot just shade the half-cell.
Sorry. Maybe a Autoshape strategically placed will work if the document is
to be printed?
DeanH

"melanie" wrote:

I'm updating a 2008 calendar we've created in Word 2003 using a table for
each month. I need to show to different color shades on one day. I've found
I can put in a diagonal line, but can I shade it diagonally, also? Please
help!

drawing diagonal line a table cell JanAdam Microsoft Word Help 4 October 1st 07 11:08 PM
Table cell shading M. Neves Tables 1 August 6th 07 06:40 PM
Partial Cell Shading AK9955 Microsoft Word Help 4 December 18th 06 06:27 PM
How to delete diagonal line in upper left cell? dloseven Tables 1 November 15th 05 01:15 AM
when adding shading to a cell only words are shading 1KathieM Microsoft Word Help 3 October 7th 05 07:56 PM