Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lookintomyeyes83 lookintomyeyes83 is offline

Default Section Breaks affecting layout (bumping down text)

I am trying to use the includetext field to compile a large document (which
contains different headers and footers for each section). According to a
website (I forget the link), i need continuous section breaks at the
beginning and end of each child document i want to insert into the parent
document.

However, it appears that each of those section breaks is bumping down my
first line of text, messign up the pagination. I have 500 child documents to
add to the parent document, and I would prefer NOT to have to reformat them
all.

Does anyone know of a workaround?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"lookintomyeyes83" wrote in message
I am trying to use the includetext field to compile a large document (which
contains different headers and footers for each section). According to a
website (I forget the link), i need continuous section breaks at the
beginning and end of each child document i want to insert into the parent
document.

I believe this is the article you were thinking of:

Working with sections
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm

However, it appears that each of those section breaks is bumping down my
first line of text, messign up the pagination. I have 500 child documents
add to the parent document, and I would prefer NOT to have to reformat
them
all.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks (including section breaks
and paragraph marks). Then you can format the section break and the
paragraph mark (¶) as 1 pt font size, with zero spacing before and after,
line spacing 1 pt, and/or as hidden text; that way, they won't take up
(much) space in the document, and won't affect the document layout.

Doing this with 500 documents would be a tedious task, of course. But you
can insert the files and then use Find and Replace to format the section
break and paragraph mark; then you can save the changes back to the source
files by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F7.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP