Lobbo

Default TV script layout

I need to format TV scipts in Word so that instructions on the left are
locked to sentences or paragraphs on the right. I not want to contantly
re-align the left and right sides of the page.

The easiest way to do this is with a two-column (borderless) table, but see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm

"Lobbo" wrote in message
I need to format TV scipts in Word so that instructions on the left are
locked to sentences or paragraphs on the right. I not want to contantly
re-align the left and right sides of the page.

Jay Freedman

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:07:02 -0700, "Lobbo"
wrote:

I need to format TV scipts in Word so that instructions on the left are
locked to sentences or paragraphs on the right. I not want to contantly
re-align the left and right sides of the page.

Set up your document with a two-column table. You can turn off the
borders if you want, by using the Format Borders & Shading dialog or
the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+U. Drag the vertical border between the columns
toward the left to get the widths you want.

Each time you need instructions on the left to align with a paragraph
on the right, start a new row by placing the cursor at the end of the
last cell on the right and pressing the Tab key.

If you want to control where the page breaks go, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ksInTables.htm

Apparently the closest template on the Microsoft site is a screenplay
template at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...186361033.aspx, but
it doesn't use left/right alignment.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Lobbo

Thanks. I agree about the screenplay template - not uite what I was looking
for but useful nevertheless. I'll experiment with columns.
Lobbo, Northumberland, UK