Emma Van Allan Emma Van Allan is offline
Junior Member

Default Themes, colors SO ANNOYING!

Hi,

I start my word document, make new custom colors for my document in the themes tab (under Page Layout) then when finished save and close.

When i reopen my document, the themes tab is unpressable and the colors have returned to the default and my whole color scheme has gone to pot!

Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening it's a nightmare.

Thanks,

Emma
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Are you saving in Word 97-2003 format (.doc)? If so, themes are not
supported and all Theme colours created in your Word session are changed to
hard coded colours when you close the document. You need to save your
document as Word 2007 format (.docx or .docm) fro Theme colours to be saved.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Emma Van Allan" wrote in message

Hi,

I start my word document, make new custom colors for my document in the
themes tab (under Page Layout) then when finished save and close.

When i reopen my document, the themes tab is unpressable and the colors
have returned to the default and my whole color scheme has gone to pot!

Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening it's a nightmare.

Thanks,

Emma

--
Emma Van Allan

Emma Van Allan Emma Van Allan is offline
Junior Member

Smile

thank you tony u solved my prob ur a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Jollans View Post
[...]

Can I convert Powerpoint themes to Word Themes? Rex E. White Microsoft Word Help 5 October 27th 21 08:50 PM
Themes Jandem Microsoft Word Help 1 April 14th 08 04:42 PM
themes GM.T8N Microsoft Word Help 15 October 23rd 07 09:48 PM
Help Using Themes ginakw2005 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 17th 06 03:58 PM
Themes WordFool Microsoft Word Help 1 January 19th 06 04:33 PM