Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
divoch divoch is offline

Default Created, Modified, Accessed anomaly

I noticed that when I go to Properties/General, Created date is sometimes
later date than Modified date. What is the explanation for this?
Thanks
divoch

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Hard to say without knowing the history of the document, but using SaveAs
might do it - and in any case all the properties are editable so it doesn't
mean a great deal in the real world.

divoch wrote:
I noticed that when I go to Properties/General, Created date is
sometimes later date than Modified date. What is the explanation for
this? Thanks
divoch

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
divoch divoch is offline

How could Save As do it?
I noticed that actually quite a few documents have
Modified date before Created and I know these
fields were not edited. I am curious how these
fields are calculated by the program
divoch

divoch wrote:
I noticed that when I go to Properties/General, Created date is
sometimes later date than Modified date. What is the explanation for
this? Thanks
divoch

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I believe if you Save As, then the CreateDate is reset to the date of the
SaveAs, while the SaveDate and PrintDate will still be those of the previous
version until the new doc is saved again (and the PrintDate won't change
unless it's saved after another printing).

divoch wrote:
I noticed that when I go to Properties/General, Created date is
sometimes later date than Modified date. What is the explanation for
this? Thanks
divoch

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
divoch divoch is offline

Not very logical software implementation
but still perhaps less confusing in your case
than in mine because of the terminology used.
In my version of Word (Office 2000) there is no
SaveDate and PrintDate but Modified and Accessed.
The Accessed date seems to be what it says, but
when Created becomes later date than Modified
it just looks nonsensical.
Thanks for an explanation
divoch