Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
The Processor The Processor is offline

Default How do I create legal size documents using Word?

I know that letter-sized documents are the default in Word. But often when I
want to create a form or letter in legal size, I choose the option on the
printer that allows documents to adjust to the desired size page. But I want
to actually create a legal size document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Open Word and go to File, Page Setup. Under Page Size drop down box, Legal
should be one of the default sizes - though this is dependent on your
printer driver I would be extremely surprised if it is not supported. Once
you have selected Legal and adjusted the margins, press the DEFAULT button
at the bottom of the dialog. Word should now open new blanks using Legal.

If by a long shot, legal isn't supported, then select Custom size and type
in the correct size and again press Default.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"The Processor" The wrote in message
I know that letter-sized documents are the default in Word. But often when
want to create a form or letter in legal size, I choose the option on the
printer that allows documents to adjust to the desired size page. But I
want
to actually create a legal size document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I should have added that if you want this to be the default in all
applications, use, Start, Printers and Faxes, right-click on your printer
and select Legal as the default size. Then all applications will use this
size.