Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Abi Abi is offline

Default How do I stop Word from setting first letter after . as uppercase?

How do I stop Word from setting first letter after . as uppercase?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 5 jan, 13:13, Abi wrote:
How do I stop Word from setting first letter after . as uppercase?

In Word 2007, click the office button, and select "Word Options". Go
to "Proofing"and select the "AutoCorrect Options..." button at the
top. There you can disable "Capitalize first letter of sentences".

In Word 2003, click the tools menu and pick "AutoCorrect Options..."
from the menu.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

What version of Word are you using?

You need to go into the AutoCorrect settings (how depends upon the
answer to the question above) and uncheck the box for "Capitalize first
letter of sentences."

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Abi" wrote in message
:

How do I stop Word from setting first letter after . as uppercase?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marka8191 marka8191 is offline

Default How do I stop Word from setting first letter after . as upperc

Ben - sorry to jump on this post but I have a related problem. I have outlook
2007 and it always capitalizes the fist letter of each sentence which is
driving me mad. I turn it off in both Outlook and in Word (both are SP2) but
OUtlook keeps resetting it back on after restart. Word doesn't do this...any
ideas?

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:

What version of Word are you using?

You need to go into the AutoCorrect settings (how depends upon the
answer to the question above) and uncheck the box for "Capitalize first
letter of sentences."

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
http://www.officeforlawyers.com
Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q

"Abi" wrote in message
:

How do I stop Word from setting first letter after . as uppercase?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you don't like to start your sentences with capital letters like
most people, why do you capitalize "I"?

Why would you ask an Outlook question in a Word newsgroup?

On May 19, 10:56*am, marka8191
wrote:
[...]

"Abi" wrote in message
:

How do I stop Word from setting first letter after . as uppercase?-