Tamore

Default What can I use to make a weekly menu and grocery list?

Jezebel

back of an envelope and a pencil stub

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:05:31 +1100, "Jezebel"
wrote:

back of an envelope and a pencil stub

LOL -- I thought that, but I didn't write it.

More seriously, the answer depends on how geekish you are.

If you usually buy the same things every week, it makes some sense to
keep a file on the computer that you can print for each trip. Probably
all you need is a simple list written in NotePad, one item per line.

Being an übergeek, and because I almost always shop in the same
supermarket, I made a list in a Word document. It's one page
containing a table, 4 columns by about 45 rows, with the items listed
by which store aisle they're in. Each item has a short underline where
I can write the quantity to buy on the current trip.

You could make a similar list in Excel, or even in Access or FoxPro.
Or you could use a pencil...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Bob S

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:26:15 -0500, Jay Freedman wrote:

If you usually buy the same things every week, it makes some sense to
keep a file on the computer that you can print for each trip. Probably
all you need is a simple list written in NotePad, one item per line.

Being an übergeek, and because I almost always shop in the same
supermarket, I made a list in a Word document. It's one page
containing a table, 4 columns by about 45 rows, with the items listed
by which store aisle they're in. Each item has a short underline where
I can write the quantity to buy on the current trip.

That's nothing, even an undergeek can do that.

A real übergeek would have the list integrated with his menu program.
It would automatically decide what he should be eating, look up the
ingredients, compare it to the stock-on-hand database, and send an
online order to the grocery store.

A real übergeek would also be re-programming his Roomba and his Sony
dog-robot to cooperate to get the food out of the refrigerator, cook
it, and bring it to the table.

It would determine when to start cooking by tracking your location
using your cell phone GPS so it would know when you had left work.

Bob S