Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Stan Brown

Default In Helptopics, frequent requests to run scripts

Win XP Pro SP2, Word 2003

When I do a search in MS Word help I get a list of topics. I click
on one and the response is a dialog box "scripts are usually safe
to run. Do you want to enable scripts?" So I say yes, and I get to
see the text, but the same thing happens next time I try to view a
topic.

How does this correlate to MSIE options or Control Panel -
Internet options? (I looked in those dialogs but found many script
permission settings, all with very similar descriptions, and I
cannot guess which one is the one I need.) What setting do I need
to change to stop this REALLY stupid warning without allowing all
scripts to run?

(If it makes a difference, Mozilla is my default browser so the
only time MSIE runs is when some other Microsoft program ignores my
browser choice and invokes it.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/