Ash422

Default How do I write an objective for a resume?

I have recently moved and now I am applying for positions at retail stores. I
only have one year of experience as a 2nd Assistant Manager/Sales Associate.
I have also never written a resume before so I am a little apprehensive.
Daiya Mitchell

This newsgroup is designed to advise on the technical aspects of using Word,
not to give advice on the *content* of documents written in Word. It is not
the best place to ask your question. Search the web for examples (using
Google at http://www.google.com/ or another search engine), for career
advice sites that may offer something, or use your imagination.

It¹s possible that the MS-hosted bank of templates by MS and third parties
will offer something:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx

There are more templates there than are shipped with Office, and a link for
template suggestions.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...ename=3&Type=2

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

To add to what Daiya has said, the consensus in answer to a similar question
asked recently is that a résumé does not require an "objective." Your
objective is to get the job you're applying for. Any other goals you might
have might be inconsistent with the job requirements and might actually
reduce your chances of getting the job.