Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nigelrrb nigelrrb is offline

Default Why aren't all the installed fonts available in Word?

When using Word (or Publisher) I can't access Tempus Sans ITC even though it
is installed in Windows in the Control Panel. Does anyone know why and what
to do about it, ie how to show all the installed fonts in the Font bar in
either Word or Publisher?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

What printer is selected as the default printer? Does
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm apply here?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 10:13:01 -0700, nigelrrb
wrote:

When using Word (or Publisher) I can't access Tempus Sans ITC even though it
is installed in Windows in the Control Panel. Does anyone know why and what
to do about it, ie how to show all the installed fonts in the Font bar in
either Word or Publisher?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nigelrrb nigelrrb is offline

Thanks for the response Jay. I don't think it is a printer problem - the
printer is an HP Deskjet 843c that we have used for several years and have
happily used to print this font. It was previously connected to another PC,
now it is connected to this one and the other PC on the network uses it as
well - would this be important?

Regards,

Nigel Barker.

wrote:

When using Word (or Publisher) I can't access Tempus Sans ITC even though it
is installed in Windows in the Control Panel. Does anyone know why and what
to do about it, ie how to show all the installed fonts in the Font bar in
either Word or Publisher?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The question isn't whether the printer is connected to the computer,
but whether the printer has been selected -- either in the Windows
Start Settings Printers & Faxes dialog as the system default
printer or in Word's File Print dialog as the current printer.

Please read the article I quoted before. It has some other information
that may be useful.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

wrote:

When using Word (or Publisher) I can't access Tempus Sans ITC even though it
is installed in Windows in the Control Panel. Does anyone know why and what
to do about it, ie how to show all the installed fonts in the Font bar in
either Word or Publisher?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nigelrrb nigelrrb is offline

Jay, you were absolutley right, for the following reason: when moving the
printer from one machine to the other I installed it using the generic
drivers in WinXP. I have just deleted and reinstalled it using the full HP
drivers and BINGO - IT WORKS! Many thanks indeed - I would not have thought
of that!

Best regards,

Nigel Barker.

wrote:

When using Word (or Publisher) I can't access Tempus Sans ITC even though it
is installed in Windows in the Control Panel. Does anyone know why and what
to do about it, ie how to show all the installed fonts in the Font bar in
either Word or Publisher?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Excellent. Thanks for letting us know.