Richard

Default Special Page numbering

Hi there,
I am using Word 2002.
In a long document I am using sections to number de pages of different parts
of my document. The field I use at the bottom of the page I get through,
Insert, Pagenumbers.
THIS IS MY PROBLEM:
Section1: I start with 1 and it ends with for instance page 6.
Section2: I start again with page 1 and this ends with page 4.
Section3: This section I want to continue numbering from section 1. So this
one must start automatically with page 7.

Is this possible? Must I insert somewhere a field which keeps track of the
last page of section 1?

Thank you for any input.

Rickie

Charles Kenyon

Answered in another newsgroup. Please do not multipost.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Richard" wrote in message
.. .
Hi there,
I am using Word 2002.
In a long document I am using sections to number de pages of different
parts of my document. The field I use at the bottom of the page I get
through, Insert, Pagenumbers.
THIS IS MY PROBLEM:
Section1: I start with 1 and it ends with for instance page 6.
Section2: I start again with page 1 and this ends with page 4.
Section3: This section I want to continue numbering from section 1. So
this one must start automatically with page 7.

Is this possible? Must I insert somewhere a field which keeps track of
the last page of section 1?

Thank you for any input.

Rickie

Ricky Gibson

Charles,
I did not know which newsgroup could get me the answer, so I sent my request
to several promising groups.
But I understand that Multiposting can be a waste of time for people who try
to help.
I will keep this in mind and try to avoid mulitposting in the future.

I checked the sites you suggested. I also checked the different fields
which exist in Word.
However how can I get the LAST pagenumber of a section, so I can start
another section with this number + 1 ?

Rickie Gibson

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Answered in another newsgroup. Please do not multipost.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Richard" wrote in message
.. .
Hi there,
I am using Word 2002.
In a long document I am using sections to number de pages of different
parts of my document. The field I use at the bottom of the page I get
through, Insert, Pagenumbers.
THIS IS MY PROBLEM:
Section1: I start with 1 and it ends with for instance page 6.
Section2: I start again with page 1 and this ends with page 4.
Section3: This section I want to continue numbering from section 1. So
this one must start automatically with page 7.

Is this possible? Must I insert somewhere a field which keeps track of
the last page of section 1?

Thank you for any input.

Rickie

Ricky Gibson

Charles,

I just found the solution in one of your references.
I tried it out and it really works as I want it to work.
Sorry about asking to soon.
Thanks for the great help.

Rickie

"Ricky Gibson" wrote in message
. ..
Charles,
I did not know which newsgroup could get me the answer, so I sent my
request to several promising groups.
But I understand that Multiposting can be a waste of time for people who
try to help.
I will keep this in mind and try to avoid mulitposting in the future.

I checked the sites you suggested. I also checked the different fields
which exist in Word.
However how can I get the LAST pagenumber of a section, so I can start
another section with this number + 1 ?

Rickie Gibson

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Answered in another newsgroup. Please do not multipost.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Richard" wrote in message
.. .
Hi there,
I am using Word 2002.
In a long document I am using sections to number de pages of different
parts of my document. The field I use at the bottom of the page I get
through, Insert, Pagenumbers.
THIS IS MY PROBLEM:
Section1: I start with 1 and it ends with for instance page 6.
Section2: I start again with page 1 and this ends with page 4.
Section3: This section I want to continue numbering from section 1. So
this one must start automatically with page 7.

Is this possible? Must I insert somewhere a field which keeps track of
the last page of section 1?

Thank you for any input.

Rickie

Start at: page numbering not working Blaise Page Layout 3 July 9th 05 06:09 PM
Page numbering and un-numbering Elbert Page Layout 2 July 8th 05 03:33 PM
page numbering MFP Microsoft Word Help 2 May 13th 05 10:38 AM
preview odd number pages on the right and even on the left mikeo Page Layout 6 February 26th 05 01:26 AM
Page numbering on Even page only Louise Microsoft Word Help 6 February 18th 05 02:55 AM