Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Default Entering text on form

I am trying to develop a form to be filled out in Word on the screen. I am
using fields for most areas, but have an area or two where the person filling
out the form is required to enter a narrative. I want to limit the size of
the narrative such that they cannot type endlessly and create additional
pages by pushing the data below the narrative down on the page.

I have tried using unprotected sections, text boxes, tables and nothing
seems to work. When I used a text field and limited the characters in the
properties of the text field, even though I leave enough space, data below
seems to get pushed down on the page.

Anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You can use a table with fixed row heights: it doesn't limit the amount of
text people can enter; but they usually stop when their text ceases to be
visible.

Better, though, is to design the form so it doesn't matter. In practice,
there are not many people who 'type endlessly'. Trivialising the problem, in
this case, is much less work than developing a solution.

"Brian" wrote in message
I am trying to develop a form to be filled out in Word on the screen. I am
using fields for most areas, but have an area or two where the person
filling
out the form is required to enter a narrative. I want to limit the size of
the narrative such that they cannot type endlessly and create additional
pages by pushing the data below the narrative down on the page.

I have tried using unprotected sections, text boxes, tables and nothing
seems to work. When I used a text field and limited the characters in the
properties of the text field, even though I leave enough space, data below
seems to get pushed down on the page.

Anyone have any ideas?

Header with picture or text box Scott Page Layout 15 April 28th 23 02:52 AM
Text Box David New Users 6 October 15th 06 09:38 PM
Text Form Field Too Small [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 4 September 6th 06 05:03 PM
help text for form field not deleted ellen Microsoft Word Help 3 August 31st 06 10:24 PM
Entering free text and graphics on a form TishyMouse Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 06 03:58 PM