Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phillip9

Default text form field and spaces

Hello,

I have a text form field in a word document (not online form), and part of
the form has 3 text form fields on the same line. When I type into the first
text form field, it causes the form text to move.

example:
phone number:[1 ] work phone number: [2 ]

where [ ] = text form field

typeing into text form field 1 causes "work phone number: [2 ] to shift that
many spaces towards the right.

How can I stop this shifting from occuring?

I did try entering a single field table, but that has caused the space below
the single field to be unusable on my form. It is almost as if it has
inserted a 2 field table.

If anyone can give help on either of these issues it would be great.

thank you,

phillip

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Hi, Phillip. If you have 2 pieces of information on one line, then insert a
4-column, 1-row table.

Cell 1 = Phone Number:
Cell 2 = Form field for phone number.
Cell 3 = Work Phone Number:
Cell 4 = Form field for work phone.
Using table cells instead holds the labels (cells 1 and 3) in their place,
unless the data exceeds the size you provide in the form fields (cells 2 and
4).
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"phillip9" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rags

What Anne says is the only way that I have found to do this as well. One
point of emphasis is that you put the text form field in the cell. You are
not just using the cell itself. I think Anne is saying that but I had a
problem understanding that the first time it was explained to me and wanted
to emphasize that point in case you miss it.

rags

"phillip9" wrote:

Hello,

I have a text form field in a word document (not online form), and part of
the form has 3 text form fields on the same line. When I type into the first
text form field, it causes the form text to move.

example:
phone number:[1 ] work phone number: [2 ]

where [ ] = text form field

typeing into text form field 1 causes "work phone number: [2 ] to shift that
many spaces towards the right.

How can I stop this shifting from occuring?

I did try entering a single field table, but that has caused the space below
the single field to be unusable on my form. It is almost as if it has
inserted a 2 field table.

If anyone can give help on either of these issues it would be great.

thank you,

phillip

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phillip9

Hi,

Your idea for multiple columns works great!

I found out that the problem I was having with the area directly below a 1
cell table was not usable only when I used the table drawing tool (pencil
icon). if i used the table button and/or the table insert option from the
file menu the area below the cell was usable.

I would guess I'm saying the same as many others have said, but it would be
great if the form design options were improved dramatically.

"phillip9" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Rags: Thanks for saying that. I'll be sure to emphasize it. I've also
created an extreme fill-in form tutorial last night:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...osoft_word.htm
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com