Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RDK RDK is offline

Default How do I reformat a manuscript from letter size to 9 X 6?

I have written a new novel using an alternate WP (Jarte) because I was unable
to use my MS Word 2003. After my mother board was replaced I was not able to
re-use my access key and have as yet been able to resolve this issue
w/Microsoft and Toshiba. Upon electronically submitting my manuscript for
publication to Lulu, it was unacceptable because the format was incorrect€¦I
wrote the manuscript in standard letter size 8.5 X 11, and the actual book
published needs to be 9 X 6. I now have access to MS Word (using another
computer), and what I need to be able to do is to reformat the manuscript for
9 X 6€¦Incredible as it may seem, I seem not to be able to do that. Also, I am
working on another manuscript and would like to know how to format this one
in the 9 X 6 as I write, so as to avoid encountering the same difficulty
another time.

I welcome any suggestions you may have. The more detail, the better, please.

I think you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You should probably clarify exactly what the publisher needs, but when I
send files to a local commercial printer, he wants them as full-sized
(Letter) pages with the margins adjusted to fit the 6x9 page (that is, you
add 1" to whatever Top and Bottom margins you would be using and 1.25" to
the Left and Right or Inside and Outside margins). You can create a custom
paper size in Word, but if you want to print out the MS for your own use,
you'll probably have problems doing so, since most printers don't handle
custom sizes well, and you'd probably end up going back to Plan A, anyway.