Default A search and replace question

I am working with a document that was created with and uses a whole bunch of
custom styles. The problem is that some of these system look no different
from some of the standard stuff, but when I try to import this document into
RoboHelp things get converted to all sorts of fonts and such and it very
hard to keep track of all of them.

It would not be so bad if they all responded the same way when being turned
into a Java help file, but they don't and so I want to reduce the number os
style into a managable few that will be more easily converted when I import
into RoboHelp.

The document is nearly 200 pages long and I must find a convenient way to do
this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Henry

Klaus Linke

Hi Henry,

See Jezebel's reply to your other post. As she indicated, in Word2003 =
you can right-click on a style in the styles pane, select all instances, =
and apply a different style.

At least in theory.=20

In reality, this will usually freeze Word for minutes on end if you do =
it on a 200 page document such as yours.
Find/Replace takes seconds at most.

Regards,
Klaus=20

" wrote:
I am working with a document that was created with and uses a whole =

bunch of=20
custom styles. The problem is that some of these system look no =

different=20
from some of the standard stuff, but when I try to import this =

document into=20
RoboHelp things get converted to all sorts of fonts and such and it =

very=20
hard to keep track of all of them.
=20
It would not be so bad if they all responded the same way when being =

turned=20
into a Java help file, but they don't and so I want to reduce the =

number os=20
style into a managable few that will be more easily converted when I =

import=20
into RoboHelp.
=20
The document is nearly 200 pages long and I must find a convenient way =

to do=20