Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erik_gregory erik_gregory is offline

Default Printing on divider tabs

Word 2003/XP.
Hello, I have a task so archaic I simply have no idea how to do it.
Specifically, I am trying to print to divider tabs (if you recall, in a
portfolio or other paper-based product, they often had dividers with little
"tabs" on the right margin). Now, I'm not trying to print to labels, but to
the tabs directly, which I know can be done but I'm unsure how to do it.
Please advise!

Erik
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think you're likely to be able to do this. You're more likely to
tear up the divider trying to feed it through the printer. The ones that are
marketed nowadays for this purpose have clear labels to be affixed to the
tabs.

"erik_gregory" wrote in message
Word 2003/XP.
Hello, I have a task so archaic I simply have no idea how to do it.
Specifically, I am trying to print to divider tabs (if you recall, in a
portfolio or other paper-based product, they often had dividers with
little
"tabs" on the right margin). Now, I'm not trying to print to labels, but
the tabs directly, which I know can be done but I'm unsure how to do it.
Please advise!

Erik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

This is totally reliant on your printer.
If it does not handle the Oversize A4 (223mmx297mm) or Oversize Letter
(9"x11") then there is nothing you can do.
If your printer can handle the required size, then you can download a
template for these Tabs or Dividers from various websites, such as Avery.
Be aware that these template can be tempemental and usually you will have to
rotate the print because the printer will take the stock from the long edge
first, the edge without the tab (stickie-outie-bit) and this rotating of
image can cause the printer heart-burn.
I do many prints to dividers but then I do have a Xerox 7235, size does
count ;-)
Best of luck to you
DeanH

"erik_gregory" wrote:

Word 2003/XP.
Hello, I have a task so archaic I simply have no idea how to do it.
Specifically, I am trying to print to divider tabs (if you recall, in a
portfolio or other paper-based product, they often had dividers with little
"tabs" on the right margin). Now, I'm not trying to print to labels, but to
the tabs directly, which I know can be done but I'm unsure how to do it.
Please advise!

Erik

How do I print divider insert tabs? Macarthur Page Layout 2 May 4th 23 08:48 PM
typing and printing tabs for s files Issy Microsoft Word Help 2 July 22nd 07 07:09 AM
Index divider tabs C Wire New Users 0 July 27th 05 09:51 AM
Word 2003 creating divider tabs at edge of pages? Karen P Page Layout 2 July 22nd 05 04:03 PM
How can I print on divider tabs which extend beyond 11 x 8 1/2? hmcelmur Page Layout 1 April 23rd 05 03:07 AM