Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tamutka Tamutka is offline

Default CTRL+Click

Hi there,
suddenly I have a problem, only in Word. If I try to select two or more
cliparts or pictures, this shortcut does not work. It is OK in Power Point
2007 and 2010, also in Excel 2010 and 2007 but in Word not.
Where can I arrange that?
Thank you
--
Nataša
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

By default, images in Word are inserted in line, so they behave much like
large font characters. To be able to select multiple images you would need
to change their layout option to something other than in-line.

"Tamutka" wrote in message
Hi there,
suddenly I have a problem, only in Word. If I try to select two or more
cliparts or pictures, this shortcut does not work. It is OK in Power Point
2007 and 2010, also in Excel 2010 and 2007 but in Word not.
Where can I arrange that?
Thank you
--
Natasa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But you can select noncontiguous text areas using Ctrl+click, so why would
it not work for inline images? I would imagine if it doesn't work, it's
because the images are a mixture of inline and wrapped.

http://word.mvps.org

"Tamutka" wrote in message
Hi there,
suddenly I have a problem, only in Word. If I try to select two or more
cliparts or pictures, this shortcut does not work. It is OK in Power
Point
2007 and 2010, also in Excel 2010 and 2007 but in Word not.
Where can I arrange that?
Thank you
--
Natasa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I'm afraid I don't agree. Non-contiguous text cannot be selected by
ctrl+click either. It can be selected by CTRL then 'wiping' across the
texts - and this too will work with in-line images. e.g. you can copy them
and paste them. What won't work is to select the images themselves e.g. to
simultaneously access their properties.

"Tamutka" wrote in message
Hi there,
suddenly I have a problem, only in Word. If I try to select two or
more
cliparts or pictures, this shortcut does not work. It is OK in Power
Point
2007 and 2010, also in Excel 2010 and 2007 but in Word not.
Where can I arrange that?
Thank you
--
Natasa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Graham,

Non contiguous text can be selected by Ctrl+click to almost the same extent
as text can be selected by clicking. That is, with the mouse in the left
margin so that the mouse pointer becomes an arrow, Ctrl+click will select
the line to which the arrow is pointing.

Double clicking does not however select the paragraph when the Ctrl key is
depressed. Ctrl+click and drag while the mouse is in the left margin does
of course add/delete lines to what is selected.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Tamutka" wrote in message
Hi there,
suddenly I have a problem, only in Word. If I try to select two or
more
cliparts or pictures, this shortcut does not work. It is OK in Power
Point
2007 and 2010, also in Excel 2010 and 2007 but in Word not.
Where can I arrange that?
Thank you
--
Natasa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you say is correct, but my point is that the in-line graphic behaves
like a font character. You cannot select a font character by CTRL+Click.