Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janette Janette is offline

Default Pasting Hyperlinks

I am trying to paste hyperlinks within a document and the Paste as Hyperlink
is not available.
Any ideas?
--
Janette
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Hyperlinks should be preserved, unless you are pasting as "Unformatted
Text." Where are you seeing "Paste as Hyperlink"?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Janette" wrote in message
I am trying to paste hyperlinks within a document and the Paste as
Hyperlink
is not available.
Any ideas?
--
Janette

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janette Janette is offline

"Paste as Hyperlink is under the Edit menu (2003). I found out that if you
don't save your document - the Paste as Hyperlink is not available. After
you have saved, magic.... it's available. Weird.
--
Janette

"Janette" wrote in message
I am trying to paste hyperlinks within a document and the Paste as
Hyperlink
is not available.
Any ideas?
--
Janette

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

FWIW, the same command in Word 2007 (Home tab | Paste | Paste as Hyperlink)
also seems a bit unpredictable. Sometimes it is greyed out, and sometimes
not, even if the clipboard clearly contains a hyperlink. Saving the document
seems to help, but it doesn't always fix the problem.

What happens if you just make an ordinary paste? Then does it work
correctly?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP