Delnang

Default Merge If and Next Record Question

I have a data file with the following columns:
Job Title; Date Open

I want to merge the list of Job Titles into sections of a Word document:

New Positions
Job Title if Date Open =7

Existing Positions
Job Title if Date Open is =8

Also, I want a list to end up in one document instead of one job per page:

New Positions
Developer
Programmer
Supervisor

Existing Positions
Admin
Installation Tech
Help Desk Tech

How would I go about telling Word when to merge based on Days open and how
to tell Word to Merge until there aren't any jobs left.

Thanks,
Angie
Doug Robbins

You will need to use a couple of catalog (or in Word XP and later,
directory) type mailmerge main documents, without the New Positions and
Existing Positions headings in the main document.

After executing the merges to new documents, you can copy from one and paste
to the other.

An alternative way would be to sort the datasource by DateOpen, there run a
single catalog merge without any If statements and then later determine
which record was the break point between 7 and 8 and then insert the
Existing Positions heading at that point.

You don't need any Next Record fields with a catalog type mailmerge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP