Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
hope hope is offline

Default When merging and using a compare field, how do I jump from S3 to S

I am using a compare field in a merge document. If the result is true, I want
the system to jump to section 3 of the document. If it's false, I want the
system to jump to section 1. Alternatively, if section jumping isn't
something supported, could I use book marks for this?

Any help is appreciated.

Hope
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try the following general approach - insert an IF field that includes the
material up to section 3 if the comparison is false, and nothing if the
comparison is true.

e.g.

{ IF { MERGEFIELD x } = "T" "" "all the text and fields you want up to the
beginning of section 3" }

You can include quite a lot of types of thing in IF field result texts but
(a) probably not everything you could have in a Word document and (b) the
formatting may not work the way you expect. Typically it is simpler to
create the material you want, then Cut/Paste it into the { IF } field.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk