Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William William is offline

Default QUOTE MARKS in odd position

Word 2007.

Every once in a while when I type the first quotation mark (e.g., "guote),
it is positioned at the bottom of the letter, not the top as in the e.g.
above. This happens inconsistently a small percentage of the time I use
quotes.

Any ideas why this happens or what I can do about it?
--
William
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like your document, or that part of it, is set to German
language. Did you maybe copy something from a German website?

Select the entire document (Ctrl-A), and in the Review tab, left
group, choose Set Language and make it whichever variety of English
you use.

On May 21, 9:04*am, William wrote:
Word 2007.

Every once in a while when I type the first quotation mark (e.g., "guote),
it is positioned at the bottom of the letter, not the top as in the e.g.
above. *This happens inconsistently a small percentage of the time I use
quotes. *

Any ideas why this happens or what I can do about it?
--
William

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William William is offline

I will try this next time it happens (it remains unpredictable). But I think
your idea is likely correct, because when I first installed MO Professional
all the default settings appeared to be for Europe (centimeters instead of
inches, etc.), and I remember that the language setting was not English, and
may well have been German.

Thanks much.
--
William

"grammatim" wrote:

Sounds like your document, or that part of it, is set to German
language. Did you maybe copy something from a German website?

Select the entire document (Ctrl-A), and in the Review tab, left
group, choose Set Language and make it whichever variety of English
you use.

On May 21, 9:04 am, William wrote:
Word 2007.

Every once in a while when I type the first quotation mark (e.g., "guote),
it is positioned at the bottom of the letter, not the top as in the e.g.
above. This happens inconsistently a small percentage of the time I use
quotes.

Any ideas why this happens or what I can do about it?
--
William

quote marks not appearing Ed Babington Microsoft Word Help 2 July 2nd 07 05:46 AM
Open quote marks Editfriend Microsoft Word Help 4 March 31st 07 01:30 AM
Strange quote marks Ann Microsoft Word Help 7 December 23rd 05 05:18 PM
Quote marks ChuckH Mailmerge 1 March 10th 05 11:14 AM
Change Quote marks Josh Formatting Long Documents 2 February 1st 05 02:31 PM