Serenity2u

Default Balancing columns

I am working with balancing columns on a page. Although I am inserting
Continous Section breaks both before and after the columns I want to balance
on one page, they are not balancing. I checked in Tool/Options/Compatiiblity
section to make sure the "Do not balance columns" command wasn't checked, and
it is not. Columns on other pages are balancing okay. So I am stumped! Can
anyone help?

If this is the last page of the document, I sometimes find that they can be
very stubborn. I have a directory that sometimes has just one address block
on the last page. Even though the paragraph is formatted as "Keep lines
together," Word will split it across the columns. I end up having to insert
another paragraph and then a column break. For columns in the middle of a
page, make sure that none of the paragraphs are formatted as "Keep with
next" or "Keep lines together" and that there are no manual column breaks.

"Serenity2u" wrote in message
I am working with balancing columns on a page. Although I am inserting
Continous Section breaks both before and after the columns I want to

balance
on one page, they are not balancing. I checked in

Tool/Options/Compatiiblity
section to make sure the "Do not balance columns" command wasn't checked,

and
it is not. Columns on other pages are balancing okay. So I am stumped!

Can
anyone help?

Serenity2u

Thanks, Suzanne. I ended up re-doing the page from scratch, copying a
paragraph at a time. That fixed the problem, although I still don't know what
caused it in the first place!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Using Columns within a Table Barb Reinhardt Microsoft Word Help 5 May 6th 23 02:47 AM
Column Sort BenP Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 10:15 AM
chapter headings and sections in columns reflected in header A A via OfficeKB.com Microsoft Word Help 1 December 6th 04 07:56 PM
How I do create columns in footnotes? ESHAQABAD Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 08:16 AM
How do I create footnote in two or more columns? ESHAQABAD Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 08:09 AM