Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JudyD JudyD is offline

Default How can I set Office document to print from same printer ea time?

In past versions of Word if you sent the doc to a printer, each time you
printed the document it would go to the same printer. Now, in 2003 Word, the
printer changes to whatever printer I sent the last document to. For
instance, I send envelopes to one printer and letters to another. I
shouldn't have to reset the printer everytime.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:29:01 -0800, JudyD
wrote:

In past versions of Word if you sent the doc to a printer, each time you
printed the document it would go to the same printer. Now, in 2003 Word, the
printer changes to whatever printer I sent the last document to. For
instance, I send envelopes to one printer and letters to another. I
shouldn't have to reset the printer everytime.

Your assertion about past versions is not correct. Maybe you had an
add-in in an earlier version that did this, but it wasn't part of the
program out-of-the-box.

For an add-in you can use in Word 2003, visit
http://www.gmayor.com/Associate_Printer.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman