Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VPONCEDELEON

Default How do I change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
torajudo

Did you go to Tools Options Tracked changes?
You should see options there to choose from

Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in message
news
Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kennington Kennington is offline

So, each author's insertions and deletions show up in each author's color.
How many authors can edit a Word document before Word starts re-using
previously used colors?

Kennington Wall
Office of Public Affairs
Smithsonian Institution
www.si.edu

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in message
news
Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I think it's eight.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

so
all may benefit.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in message
news
Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shelly green shelly green is offline

What do you mean by "By Author?" My problem is I have a document that I
worked on at home and the changes are in red. I emailed it to myself at work
and started working on it, and the changes are, of course, green. I'd like
them to be red so it looks as though both sets of changes are mine. Can you
help?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in message
news
Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is your username (Tools | Options | User Information) exactly the same on
both systems? I'm not sure even that would override the "By Author" setting
that is evidently enabled. But you can change the color to
anything you like in the Tools | Options | Track Changes dialog. Just change
the color setting from "By Author" to red.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in message
news
Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shelly green[_2_] shelly green[_2_] is offline

Got it. Thank you for your prompt response!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in message
news Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're welcome.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in
message
news Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zach Zach is offline

I am having issues with different users trying to edit a word document (Word
2003) and they are wanting to track changes. We would like to have each
reviewer and editor to have their own color well it is coming up as one color
for all editors. Any tips or ideas on how to get Word to do what we want it
to do? I have also took away the by author color selection. Should that then
activate the different colors for each editor?

Many Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in message
news
Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The only way to get different colors for different editors is to use the By
Author setting, and when you do that, you have no choice of what color is
assigned to which editor. Moreover, the colors will be different on
different systems. That is, your edits may be red on your machine but blue
on someone else's. The only thing that is guaranteed is that different
colors will be used.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not if you have selected "By Author." Then you're at Word's mercy.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"VPONCEDELEON" wrote in
message
news Can you change the color of a reviewer in track changes?