Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S. Hoehn S. Hoehn is offline

Default keyboard shortcut for right mouse click?

Is there a keyboard shotcut equivelent for clicking the right mouse button?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No because the right-click functions change depending on what you are
right-clicking on.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"S. Hoehn" S. wrote in message
Is there a keyboard shotcut equivelent for clicking the right mouse
button?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Depending on your keyboard you should have a button for right-clicking.
These days I think most do in order to support those with accessibility
needs. Look for it between the Alt and Ctrl key. Usually it has a mouse
pointer on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"S. Hoehn" S. wrote in message
Is there a keyboard shotcut equivelent for clicking the right mouse
button?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On my keyboard, between the right Alt and Ctrl key there are a Windows key
and, to the right of that, a key that I think is referred to as the
"application key." It has an icon that looks like a shortcut menu with a
mouse pointer. That one is the equivalent of the right mouse button in Word
and some other apps.

"S. Hoehn" S. wrote in message
Is there a keyboard shotcut equivelent for clicking the right mouse
button?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Well, heck. I never think of that durned key. I'm think "Alt+something "
when I think of hotkeys.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"S. Hoehn" S. wrote in message
Is there a keyboard shotcut equivelent for clicking the right mouse
button?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gordo gordo is offline

I believe that this is not really a shortcut. You need to select an item,
the press the "Application" key (between the right hand Alt and Ctrl keys)
to bring up the menu. When using the right mouse button, you need not select
the item first, just right click.

Regards.

Gordo

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On my keyboard, between the right Alt and Ctrl key there are a Windows key
and, to the right of that, a key that I think is referred to as the
"application key." It has an icon that looks like a shortcut menu with a
mouse pointer. That one is the equivalent of the right mouse button in
Word and some other apps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

The part I don't get is that if you're right-handed, you'll probably have to
take your hand off of the mouse to hit the key. If you're not using a mouse,
that's a different story. But getting around without a mouse is no fun.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gordo" wrote in message
I believe that this is not really a shortcut. You need to select an item,
the press the "Application" key (between the right hand Alt and Ctrl
keys) to bring up the menu. When using the right mouse button, you need
not select the item first, just right click.

Regards.

Gordo

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On my keyboard, between the right Alt and Ctrl key there are a Windows
key and, to the right of that, a key that I think is referred to as the
"application key." It has an icon that looks like a shortcut menu with a
mouse pointer. That one is the equivalent of the right mouse button in
Word and some other apps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You are correct that right clicking performs both functions of selecting and
popping up the menu, whereas you must do them separately when using the
keyboard. Whether or not it qualifies as a 'shortcut' for anything seems a
somewhat academic point.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"gordo" wrote in message
I believe that this is not really a shortcut. You need to select an item,
the press the "Application" key (between the right hand Alt and Ctrl
keys) to bring up the menu. When using the right mouse button, you need
not select the item first, just right click.

Regards.

Gordo

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On my keyboard, between the right Alt and Ctrl key there are a Windows
key and, to the right of that, a key that I think is referred to as the
"application key." It has an icon that looks like a shortcut menu with a
mouse pointer. That one is the equivalent of the right mouse button in
Word and some other apps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

If you are recording a macro in Word, there is a lot you can't do with the
mouse. It might not be fun but the ability to right click off the keyboard
is very useful.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"gordo" wrote in message
I believe that this is not really a shortcut. You need to select an item,
the press the "Application" key (between the right hand Alt and Ctrl
keys) to bring up the menu. When using the right mouse button, you need
not select the item first, just right click.

Regards.

Gordo

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On my keyboard, between the right Alt and Ctrl key there are a Windows
key and, to the right of that, a key that I think is referred to as the
"application key." It has an icon that looks like a shortcut menu with a
mouse pointer. That one is the equivalent of the right mouse button in
Word and some other apps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That makes sense. It's just real tough for me to give up the mouse. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]