Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tonglo tonglo is offline

Default Word XP/Word 2003

To MS Word Users:

This is my first time posting a question on the this board, therefore; my
apologies if the following has already been answered. However, I did quite a
bit of research (without any success). Anyway, I had Office XP for the
longest time and was quite happy with it. Recently, my employer installed MS
Office Professional Edition 2003. I like the fact that I can select the
Windows XP style and theme with a blue background. However, I do not like
that it changes the look of the office toolbars, buttons, menus, and dialog
boxes to the XP color theme (in MS Word). Essentially, I want my old MS Word
theme and colors back without returning to Office XP. From what I can see in
my research, this cannot be done. However, I wanted to ask you (the experts)
if there is a fix, patch, or something that has come up these past years.
Please note, I realize that I can change to the Classic style and color
scheme like Windows standard. I would just prefer to have my original
display (i.e., Word) when I was using Office XP. If not, guess I have no
choice but to return to Office XP itself. Thank you all very much for your
time (and reading this lengthy posting). Any ideas or thoughts is most
appreciated.

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Paul

tonglo wrote:
This is my first time posting a question on the this board, therefore; my

welcome! :-)

apologies if the following has already been answered. However, I did quite a
bit of research (without any success). Anyway, I had Office XP for the
longest time and was quite happy with it. Recently, my employer installed MS
Office Professional Edition 2003. I like the fact that I can select the
Windows XP style and theme with a blue background. However, I do not like
that it changes the look of the office toolbars, buttons, menus, and dialog
boxes to the XP color theme (in MS Word). Essentially, I want my old MS Word
theme and colors back without returning to Office XP. From what I can see in
my research, this cannot be done.

Hmm. 2002 and 2003 always pretty much looked the same to me (though I
didn't use 2002 all that much). I'm not quite clear what exactly
troubles you. Can you get where you like by changing the Windows XP
theme itself?

However, I wanted to ask you (the experts)
if there is a fix, patch, or something that has come up these past years.
Please note, I realize that I can change to the Classic style and color
scheme like Windows standard. I would just prefer to have my original
display (i.e., Word) when I was using Office XP. If not, guess I have no
choice but to return to Office XP itself. Thank you all very much for your
time (and reading this lengthy posting). Any ideas or thoughts is most
appreciated.

If this really is a big issue for you, then by all means: install 2002
again. Don't ever think of using a version later than 2003, tough (you
will definitely _not_ like it :-))!

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tonglo tonglo is offline

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your time. Yes, Word 2007 is a big change. It will be
interesting to see how this change plays out in the next year or so for
Microsoft. Also, checked out your website. Read your sample content - very
good!

Paul

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Paul

tonglo wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

tonglo wrote:
Thank you for your time. Yes, Word 2007 is a big change. It will be
interesting to see how this change plays out in the next year or so for
Microsoft.

full ack!

Greetinx
Robert