Kevin

Default How do I sum a cell from multiple tables

I have bookmarked two tables (t1 and t2). Each has 7 columns. t1 has 5 rows
and t2 has 4 rows. I want to sum t1 G5 and t1 G4. I've tried { = sum(t1 G5)
t2 G4) } and the formula disapears. Other formula formats give me syntex
errors. Does anyone know what the formula would be?
Thanks
Jezebel

Word can't do this sort of thing very easily: Word tables are not
spreadsheets, and there are no intrinsic cell references. However, you can
bookmark individual table cells, then use those in your formula. Eg, name
the cells Val_1 and Val_2, then use

{ = {Ref Val_1} + {Ref Val_2}}

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have bookmarked two tables (t1 and t2). Each has 7 columns. t1 has 5 rows
and t2 has 4 rows. I want to sum t1 G5 and t1 G4. I've tried { = sum(t1
G5)
t2 G4) } and the formula disapears. Other formula formats give me syntex
errors. Does anyone know what the formula would be?
Thanks

Tony Jollans

Hi Kevin,

Your problem is the bookmark name. t1 could be interpreted as a cell address
and the Sum function is confused.

Change the bookmark name to, say, tab1 and then you can do

{ =sum(tab1 g4, tab1 g5) }

--
Enjoy,
Tony