Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jeff W

Default No Default Printer

After upgrading to Office XP (From 2000), My Word program does not see the
default printer (I only have one printer). When I go to print a document for
the first time (after starting Word), I get an error message that states that
I have no printer installed (or selected). I select my printer (click, set
as default) and it prints. As long as I do not close Word I'm okay but if I
do and restart Word again later, I have to do it all again.

I thought it was an XP/Office XP problem but Excel XP works fine as so do
notepad and the printer test.

I do not see any updates and I have searched the knowledge base for hints.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

How do I send printer ESC codes from a Word document jimmyl Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 07:48 PM
Default Font Lloyd Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 03:42 PM
Default printer for a document Scott Microsoft Word Help 1 November 29th 04 06:38 PM
How so I link a document to a specific printer?? Diana Smith Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 04 05:20 PM
do I need a printer driver for my printer sue Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 03:05 AM