Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phyllis Phyllis is offline

Default Screen Captures/Print Screen

In the past, I've used older versions of WORD to paste print screen captures
to put in manuals I've created....in WORD 2003, the only time I can see the
actual item I've pasted is in the reading aloud view in WORD. I want to see
the items so that I can properly crop them prior to resuming my writing of
manuals, any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are creating manuals, you owe yourself a copy of SnagIt
www.techsmith.com, which makes the task of creating and editing screen shots
child's play.

If you are not seeing images in the print layout view, uncheck tools
options view picture placeholders and check 'drawings'.

Phyllis wrote:
In the past, I've used older versions of WORD to paste print screen
captures to put in manuals I've created....in WORD 2003, the only
time I can see the actual item I've pasted is in the reading aloud
view in WORD. I want to see the items so that I can properly crop
them prior to resuming my writing of manuals, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimmy YNWA Jimmy YNWA is offline

Hi Graham,

I'm using the latest SnagIT 9, which is an excellent utility, but have a
problem when pasting a captured image into Word 2000 for a training manual.
Word scales the image downward and makes it very difficult to see important
detail. Resizing the image using Word's picture format settings works but it
moves the placeholder to the right. Is there any way I can manipulate the
placeholder to enlarge the image but centre it on the page. Centre-alignment
has no effect.

Regards,

Jimmy

Phyllis wrote:
In the past, I've used older versions of WORD to paste print screen
captures to put in manuals I've created....in WORD 2003, the only
time I can see the actual item I've pasted is in the reading aloud
view in WORD. I want to see the items so that I can properly crop
them prior to resuming my writing of manuals, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the picture is In Line With Text, you can center it using Ctrl+E. If it's
wrapped, you can use Format Picture | Layout | Advanced to center it between
the margins. But note that (a) ordinarily Word will either insert a picture
at 100% or, if inserted inline, reduce the width as needed to fit between
the margins, and (b) inline pictures are usually easier to work with, and
Word 2000 by default inserts pictures inline, so I'm not sure why yours
would be wrapped unless you changed the wrapping.

If Word is inserting your picture at 100% and it isn't large enough, then
you probably need to change the resolution at which you're saving it or
increase the size of the capture. In a screen capture that involves screen
elements (toolbars, dialogs), you can't manipulate the size, but if you're
capturing document text, you can change the Zoom ratio in order to get a
larger (or smaller) capture.

Phyllis wrote:
In the past, I've used older versions of WORD to paste print screen
captures to put in manuals I've created....in WORD 2003, the only
time I can see the actual item I've pasted is in the reading aloud
view in WORD. I want to see the items so that I can properly crop
them prior to resuming my writing of manuals, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jimmy,

If you're doing a full screen capture and if your screen is wider than the margin width of your document then that can be one reason
for the image being 'scaled' when pasted into Word. As Suzanne mentions, right click on the picture in Word and check the
scale/size property and see what happens to the picture if you click the [Reset] choice there.

If that resizes it you may want to also check the Pixels Per Inch (ppi) value (can be set from 72 to 420) in
Tools=Options=General=Web Options=Pictures.

That setting does affect how Word interprets graphic sizes when pasting or inserting when the graphic, or in the case of the
clipboard transmission of the graphic, does not set a specific PPI. Saving to a file, editing, then inserting will often give more
manageable and pleasing results, and you'll have a copy to reuse which isn't always possible using pasted screen shots.

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt Porter[_2_] Matt Porter[_2_] is offline

I'd recommend Print Screen Deluxe. The company has been around since
the early 90's. And it's extremely easy to use. A no-brainer really.

http://www.americansys.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You do realize you're replying to a two-month-old post?

"Matt Porter" wrote in message
I'd recommend Print Screen Deluxe. The company has been around since
the early 90's. And it's extremely easy to use. A no-brainer really.

http://www.americansys.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimmy YNWA[_2_] Jimmy YNWA[_2_] is offline

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry for not getting back to you but I've been off the air since
- unavoidably I'm afraid.

Many thanks everyone for all your help - problem solved.

Jimmy