Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_12_] John[_12_] is offline

Default Reading Office 2007 format in Office 2003

I have Office 2003 with all available updates. I have also installed the
compatibility pack for the Office 2007 system and all available updates.
This is on a Windows XP Pro SP3 system.

I have two .doc files which were sent to me by email. I believe they are
scans of a printed document. In any case, I am unable to view them with
Word 2003. I *can* view them using WordPad, and they look fine. I can
also view them on a different computer which does not have MS Office,
but does have the MS Word Viewer v1.8313.8221 SP3.

I would like to be able to view these documents in Word 2003. Is this
possible, and if so how do I fix my problem? Thanks!

Sorry for the cross posting. None of these groups seem to be exactly
what I want, but I can't find any that are better.

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.