Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie

Default How do I put a dot (diacritical) under the H and under the T?

I'm typing a ms for my dissertation and I need to put a dot under the H and
under the T. How do I do that? Those dont' appear in symbols.

Thanks.

Julie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Julie,

You could do this by playing around with the character spacing & positioning
under Format|Font|Character Spacing, adjusting both the dot and the letter.

Alternatively, you could use a pair of ADVANCE fields, coded like:
{ADVANCE \d3}.{ADVANCE \l6 \u3}H
or
H{ADVANCE \l6 \d3}.{ADVANCE r\3 \u3}
The ADVANCE field braces (i.e. { }) are created in pairs via Ctrl-F9.

Cheers

"Julie" wrote in message
I'm typing a ms for my dissertation and I need to put a dot under the H

and
under the T. How do I do that? Those dont' appear in symbols.

Thanks.

Julie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

EQ fields will do it --

{ eq \o (T,.) }

You'll need to apply character formatting to the T and period: use Format
Font : character spacing tab to raise the T and/or lower the period.