Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default I cannot lock my Word Form

Hi ?B?Q2FzY2FkZSBIZWFydA==?=,

It is Word 2003. I used the forms toolbar to insert all fields. I used no
other source. The cursor is in the body of the document. Thank you for your
help.

And you didn't this document has never been designated as any kind of mail merge
document, right? You might try displaying the mail merge toolbar and use the
left-most tool to set the document to a "Normal Word document", see if that makes
any difference.

And if you use the Tools/Protect Document command, will the "Protect" button in
that task pane work?

If not, if you create a new document, then copy/paste everything except the last
paragraph mark into it, can you protect that?

I have created a Word document that will be sent out for fill-in purposes.
After designing this form I am unable to 'lock' the form via the padlock on
the Forms Toolbar. The padlock in grayed out. Now what do I do?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)