Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MOJE73

Default remove unneccessary (.)'s

I accidentally inserted a (.) at every space in my document. Tried to click
undo and message can't undo came up. How do I remove all of the (.)'s
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BekkiM

Are you sure they're periods and that you don't have the Show/Hide option set
to "Show" (which shows each "space" character as a small dot)?

If so, you can do a find and replace (although it might take some creative
steps to not replace the periods at the end of sentences) which can be found
under the "Edit" menu. For "Find What", type a period and for "Replace with"
add a space character.

For a very long document, where fixing all the formatting afterward (like
periods at the end of sentences), this could be a cumbersome and incovenient
solution--maybe someone else has something better. If not, you could go
step-by-step through the document, skipping the periods that actually belong
in the document.

"MOJE73" wrote:

I accidentally inserted a (.) at every space in my document. Tried to click
undo and message can't undo came up. How do I remove all of the (.)'s

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Before you try to replace the dots, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm