Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lito Kusnadi

Default how to mark a document

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to mark a document? I got a lot of
document and needs to be able to distinguish which document has been
evaluated and which hasn't.

I had tested using table and provide a column to fill in where user can type
"Checked" if the doc has been evaluated. Often I found that:
1. User type in many things "Checked", "Yes", "Reviewed"
2. user delete the status text

Is there any simple and effective way to do? No need to be very fancy. Thank
you.

--
Lito Kusnadi
Technical Consultant
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Lito -

One idea - Have you considered using FileProperties? That's exeactly why it
is there. It also adds no content to the document, itself, and the Custom &
Summary properties can be viewed without opening the file... just rt-click
the file icon in a window & choose Properties from the shortcut menu.

Regards |:)