remove personal info in Word 2000 docs?

Old November 11th 10, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spamlet

Default remove personal info in Word 2000 docs?

Bit of a problem with personal info in Word docs that I handle on my XP Home
laptop, which only has Word 2000.

I get two different kinds of properties sheets: a three tab simple version
if I right click on the file, but a much more detailed one if I open
properties from the file menu, which contains a lot more info than I knew
was circulating with the file.

Surprised to find that the Tools/Options dialogue does not contain a
security/private info tab, so I can't find anywhere to remove personal
info/versions/hidden etc on save.

How do I clean up docs in Word 2000?

Cheers,

Old November 11th 10, 04:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

You may have already found that the Microsoft tool for removing hidden data from documents doesn't support Word 2000.

The only one I've found that does work with Word 2000 is at http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/docscrubber.html .

I haven't personally used it, but there's a thread at DSL Reports (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r156...Word-documents...) that indicates it's good.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Old November 11th 10, 11:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spamlet

Thanks Jay, I'll take a look.

I think the real problem is when someone sends me files made with later
versions, and mine doesn't show all the metadata that comes with them, so
I'm not aware I'm passing it on.

Cheers

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
You may have already found that the Microsoft tool for removing hidden
data from documents doesn't support Word 2000.

The only one I've found that does work with Word 2000 is at
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/docscrubber.html .

I haven't personally used it, but there's a thread at DSL Reports
(http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r156...Word-documents...)
that indicates it's good.

--
Regards,