creating a "book" layout in Office 2007/Word 2007

Old January 22nd 09, 02:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hjdx

Default creating a "book" layout in Office 2007/Word 2007

I need to know how to create a layout/ find a template to create a "book"
layout in Word/ another Office 2007 program.

I want to create a document which will print on A4 paper, landscape, double
sided, and fold in half to make a book. This part is fairly easy - the tricky
part is figuring out which pages should be on the same sheet of paper so that
they are sequential when printed, folded in half, and fastened together.

The book would have more than 4 pages ie it would be printed on more than 2
sides. (as that would be easy and not require me to ask how to do it)

Ideally I'd be looking at a cover and back page, and perhaps 6 internal
pages - using 2 sheets of A4 paper double sided.

Can this be done in Office automatically or do I need to print it all out,
chop it up and perform some kind of logic problem solving to work out how to
organise it on the computer??
Old January 22nd 09, 05:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the Margins tab of Page Setup, under "Multiple pages," select "Book
fold."

http://word.mvps.org