Text Rotation

Old June 3rd 10, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Help on formula

Default Text Rotation

Hi,
In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down
text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge
process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of
Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this
regard will be greatly appreciated

Old June 3rd 10, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DesignMagic

I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square. Type your
text. Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not
already showing). From here you will be able to remove the Shape
Outline/Fill and will be able to rotate it 180 degrees.

Old June 3rd 10, 03:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Word doesn't have any provision for 180 degree rotation of text.

A workaround -- if it works for you -- is to set the orientation of the page
(or whole document) to Landscape, insert a table, and then rotate some of
the cells 90 degrees clockwise and the rest of them 90 degrees
counterclockwise. The rotated text can contain merge fields.

Everything else we know about text rotation in Word is at
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old June 4th 10, 02:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Although you can rotate the shape by 180 degrees (or any amount, if
you use the Rotate More Rotation Options button), the text inside
the shape never rotates at all. The only function that affects the
text is the Text Direction button in the Text group of the Text Box
Tools ribbon, and that allows only the 90 degree rotations left and
right.