Searching for specific text color

Old October 23rd 10, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill

Default Searching for specific text color

I have a couple of very large documents that I occasionally need to be
modified when new data is received. In the process, I have to use a
specific numbering system that results in the need for "re-numbering"
following a given modification. Typically, I will highlight a number
(make it bold and color it red) so that I can go back and find that
number again. Is there any way that Word's search engine can search
for a bold, red number?

Bill
Old October 23rd 10, 02:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Of course!

In the Find dialog, click the More button. At the bottom of the expanded dialog, click the Format button and choose Font in the menu. In the Font dialog, select Bold in the font style box and choose
red in the font color box. When you click OL to return to the Find dialog, below the Find What box you'll see

Format: Font: Bold, Font color: Red

Then click the Find Next button.

Instead of using font formatting, you might find it easier to insert a bookmark or a comment at each spot. With bookmarks, you can use the GoTo dialog (Ctrl+G). With comments, you can display the
Reviewing pane and click there to jump to any comment.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old October 23rd 10, 03:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill

Jay,

Many thanks! Of all the years I've been using Word, I never even
noticed the extra buttons at the bottom of the Find window! Da!

Bill