Why do I have an unintentional double space between paragraph?

Old July 22nd 06, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PH DePoy

Default Why do I have an unintentional double space between paragraph?

Only once in awhile do I have a double space between paragraphs....not
always. All I did was 'ente'r and 'tab', just like the other times. What
have I done wrong?
Old July 22nd 06, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Click on the Show/Hide button (¶) and make sure that there are not two¶

between the paragraphs in question.

If you only see¶

without the second paragraph mark (¶), then check the formatting of the
paragraphs (the one that ends in the ¶, and the one after it) to see what
space is set to appear before or after the paragraph.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old July 23rd 06, 06:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

That the default style has a 10 pt space below each paragraph is a rash
assumption. Try renaming your normal.dot template to normal.old and then
restart Word so that it starts with a default normal.dot template and then
go to FormatParagraph and you will see that the default Normal style has
neither space before nor after it.

--

"BigK" wrote in message

"PH DePoy" PH wrote in message
Only once in awhile do I have a double space between paragraphs....not
always. All I did was 'ente'r and 'tab', just like the other times.
What
have I done wrong?

The default style has a 10 pt space below each paragraph. Change the
default style in the and make sure you save it to the default template to
keep it present in all future docs based on that template.