double space between text and footer

Old August 13th 06, 09:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
metalfella

Default double space between text and footer

How do I double space between the end of my text and the footer? I have a
long document and it seems like the spacing between the text and the page
numbering is not consistent for each page.

Thanks,
Marty Lail
Old August 13th 06, 10:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M.

Hi =?Utf-8?B?bWV0YWxmZWxsYQ==?=,

How do I double space between the end of my text and the footer? I have a
long document and it seems like the spacing between the text and the page
numbering is not consistent for each page.

Well, you won't be able to get a consistent distance between the text and
the page number (what's in the footer) because the amount of space the text
requires on each page may differ. You could only get this very "exact" if
you'd
- turn off all forms of paragraph control, such as Widows and Orphans
(Format/Paragraph/Line and Page breaks)
- set your text to an EXACT line height

In order to control this distance, you want to set the distance in the
FOOTER.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Old August 13th 06, 10:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi meta

metalfella wrote:
How do I double space between the end of my text and the footer? I have a
long document and it seems like the spacing between the text and the page
numbering is not consistent for each page.

to add to Cindy's list: you could in theory use "vertical justification"
(it's a section property, so you'll find it in File | Page Setup
somewhere). But this is usually only a good idea for very specific types
of documents (consisting of many small paragraphs, otherwise you may end
up with huge gaps between them).

Greetinx
Robert
--