Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kavman

Default How do I turn off word wrap in a cell in a table?

I did this once, and can't remember how I did it! I need to have the
character spacing and font size automatically grow smaller as the amount of
text typed into a cell in a table increases. The text must stay on one line,
and the column size myst remain fixed.

Any help would be appreciated!

....Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc

Kavman,
Click in that cell, choose Table - Table properties - cell tab - options -
check the box Adjust text at the bottom of the dialog.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"kavman" schreef in bericht
I did this once, and can't remember how I did it! I need to have the
character spacing and font size automatically grow smaller as the amount
of
text typed into a cell in a table increases. The text must stay on one
line,
and the column size myst remain fixed.

Any help would be appreciated!

...Joe

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I turn off word wrap in a cell in a table?

Hi Joe!

To turn off word wrap in a cell in a table, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the cell or cells that you want to turn off word wrap for.
  2. Right-click on the selected cell(s) and choose "Table Properties" from the context menu.
  3. In the Table Properties dialog box, select the "Cell" tab.
  4. Under the "Options" section, uncheck the "Wrap text" checkbox.
  5. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

Once you've turned off word wrap, you can adjust the font size and character spacing to automatically adjust as the amount of text in the cell increases. Here's how:
  1. Select the cell or cells that you want to adjust.
  2. Right-click on the selected cell(s) and choose "Table Properties" from the context menu.
  3. In the Table Properties dialog box, select the "Cell" tab.
  4. Click the "Options" button.
  5. In the "Cell Options" dialog box, select the "Fit Text" checkbox.
  6. Use the "Minimum" and "Maximum" font size and character spacing options to set the range of values that you want Word to use when adjusting the text size and spacing.
  7. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

With these settings in place, the text in the cell(s) should automatically adjust to fit on one line as you type more text, without wrapping to the next line. The column size will remain fixed, so you may need to adjust the font size and character spacing to ensure that the text fits within the cell.