Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristie Cochran Kristie Cochran is offline

Default Word 2007 Change Case feature??

There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem to
find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to sentence
case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As in previous versions shift+F3 toggles through the case options. Otherwise
click the Aa button in the font group on the Home tab

Kristie Cochran wrote:
There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem
to find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to
sentence case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi Kristie,

The shortcut key for doing this is Shift+F3, which works in Word 2007 just
as it does in Word 2003. Select some text and press Shift+F3, which cycles
through no caps, all caps, and sentence caps.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Kristie Cochran" wrote:

There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem to
find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to sentence
case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bibico Bibico is offline

If you use the Help feature in Word to search "Change Case" , it tells you
only about clicking the Change Case icon. In other words, you're encouraged
to take your hands off the keyboard and use the mouse, which is
counterproductive. No mention is made of the Shift F3 shortcut which is
itself counterproductive because most users, I believe, do not use the
function keys often enough to be able to press one without looking for it
first.

For some reason, Microsoft decided that the drop down menus on the toolbars
should be done away with (as well as the toolbars themselves, which tens of
millions had learned to use). It used to be you could hit Alt + E for the
Edit menu and there would be the Change Case option. No longer.

If anyone knows a way other than the Shift F3 shortcut to quickly access the
Change Case feature, please let us know. Nothing suggested so far is as
efficient as the options available for this or other features in 2003 or
earlier versions. Thanks for any followups.

"Kristie Cochran" wrote:

There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem to
find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to sentence
case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can still use Alt+O, E in Word 2007 to open the Change Case dialog. Or
you can use Alt, H, 7 to open the Change Case menu, which accomplishes the
same thing (the accelerator keys on the menu are the same as in the dialog).

http://word.mvps.org

"Kristie Cochran" wrote:

There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem to
find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to sentence
case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Change Case is actually on the Format menu (Alt+O, E). And Shift+F3 is not
always very satisfactory because it rotates among only three options, not
the full panoply of five offered by the dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kristie Cochran" wrote:

There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem to
find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to sentence
case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bibico Bibico is offline

Wow, thanks so much for that reply. I've never seen that in 2007, and boy,
does that change my view completely. The keyboard access key features I was
so familiar with are still there, although I'll probably have to go into 2003
to print out a list of them until I can do them without thinking.

I was in error on my previous post, saying Alt + E when, as you pointed out,
it should have been Alt + O (for the old Format menu) and then E for "change
case".

Again, my sincere thanks to you for letting me know about the Access Key
feature that will make my transition to 2007 a whole lot easier!

"Kristie Cochran" wrote:

There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem to
find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to sentence
case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to the menu accelerator keys, all the other keyboard shortcuts
from earlier version (Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I, Ctrl+D, etc.) also still work in Word
2007, and there is a list of them in the Help file.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kristie Cochran" wrote:

There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem
find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to
sentence
case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie

Case will not change. Word 2007. ThomasAJ Microsoft Word Help 3 June 12th 09 09:18 AM
what happened to title case in change case in Word 2007 Norbert Microsoft Word Help 2 March 7th 09 06:19 AM
Change Case Word 2007 PA New Users 1 December 4th 08 08:16 PM
WORD 2007: How Do You Change Case? J. Danniel New Users 3 December 19th 06 08:06 AM
How do I change case in Word 2007? NEM Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 06 03:51 PM